Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sickness IS Terrible

Hey Everyone

I feel bad that I havent been on here in awhile. My fiance and I went house hunting on the weekend which took all day; so I didnt make it to the gym but I did walk 6km from house to house so we decieded that counts as exercise (often had to jog to the next inspection too) and then on Sunday I went to the gym for an hour and a half and burned 967 calories.

Then on Monday my sniffles had turned into pain. Tuesday I didnt go to work and saw a doctor who told me I have a severe sinus infection. I went to work yesterday but was dead on my feet by 3pm and Im back home in bed today.

Pre season Task 2 came out for 12wbt and I was really honest with myself about what is an excuse. I mean I cant help being sick and I need to recover from it - but I can also give myself the time to do it quickly. I shouldnt compromise my health for my job so today I am resting in bed. Normally I would go to work and instead be sick for weeks rather than days; then use the fact I feel unwell not to train. In the long run one full day of rest is better then several half days of pushing myself to just stand upright and meaning I dont move my arse for 8 or 9 days.

Do I feel guilty being at home? yeah I do because I know how busy work is and I feel somewhat like I should be there. I am a bit of a control freak so I like being in the thick of it. I have to learn to take a step back and rely on my team (I am acting Team Leader at work currently)

Ive booked in holidays for the next few months as sometimes I'm sick because I am burning out. I need to make sure I take some time off and relax

I might post up my excuses shortly

Hope everyone is well

No comments:

Post a Comment